Swagbucks IS A SCAM. They steal what you earn and deactivate you after you've earned a set amount.
I have watched in horror as my daughter, my nephew, and finally myself have become victims of this awful company. I am an 86 year old man who was talked into using this by my daughter to supplement my retirement monthly. She was one of the first to be attacked by them because she started using it first at home. She has her own computer and phone like my nephew and I do, so it was quite a shock to us to see that they deactivated her for no reason whatsoever. They made a mistake, though. They did not know that her fiance is a rather important lawyer, and was willing to sue them for something called Fraudulent Misrepresentation and Tort of Deceit. They instantly retracted their claim and reactivated her account in under and hour.
But now, they have done this to me. I had just received an email to claim the $25 gift card I ordered after spending weeks watching videos with them. So I click the link to claim my gift card, and guess what happens? When I log in, it says my account has been deactivated! I write to swagbucks to ask them why, and they tell me some made up stuff about violating terms for "watching videos" that don't even exist, and then go on to accuse me -- an 86 year old man on retirement -- of somehow hacking their system to watch videos online! Are you kidding me? Are they that desperate to scam people that they think they can actually say these horrible and false things, defame your character, and then steal your money? Apparently they think they can, until they are sued for it.
Why do they do this? You didn't actually violate their terms of service. Most people don't. As the person above me said, it is some type of ponzi scheme where they wait for you to build up enough money and then they deactivate your account and take it away from you.
The advertisers they collect money from don't know that they are doing this to the members of Swagbucks and suckering them like this, which reflects poorly on the companies that advertise with swagbucks and makes consumers stay away from them. Furthermore, they know that $25 per person is not much, but it becomes $250,000 and $500,000 at a time in a matter of hours or days when they do this to hundreds of thousands of their members at once. They are stealing from people, insulting them, defaming them, closing their accounts, and then watching new people sign up only to be scammed the same way.
I don't even know how to do the horrible things I was just accused of in an email. My daughter taught me how to type on the computer just a few years ago, and writing all of this has taken me about an hour so far. I have arthritis, but I think this needs to be known and Swagbucks needs to be dealt with. If they will do it to an honest 86 year old man who was raised on the honor system, then they will do it to you, to your mother, your father, your sister, your brother, your cousins, and anyone else they think they can steal from and get away with it.
I'm letting you know how they really operate and what they do so that you will not be taken advantage of and stolen from and insulted by them as I and my family have.
Sincerely Your Friend,
Larry Carter Ret.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Fact that its a scam
- Stealing money
- Deactivating account
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- Being stolen from by Swagbucks Inc., being falsely accused of nonsense, and defamation of character.
- Preferred solution:
- Refund my money, reactivate my account, my daughter's account, my nephew's account, and anyone else you are stealing from.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Amazon Gift Card
- Amazon Gift Card
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "beware that this individual is now doing business under these other names: opera fashion group inc opera fashion group llc opera by sueli costa llc gabikini bossa beach AMONG MANY OTHERS. this individual is a..."
- "Purchased a durablend leather couch and loveseat from Ashley 2 years ago it started cracking and peeling everywhere. Called the MFS protection plan said not covered normal wear and tear...."
- "I ordered a 34" edc low profile belt from original soe gear that on their web site states; "These belts will adjust outward several inches but don't get much smaller..."
- "What a rip! Ordered beautiful arrangement from what I thought was a “family owned business”. The arrangement was delivered on time. The service train crashes at this..."
- "You are selling a product called syringe pens. In light of all of the heroin overdoses it is highly inappropriate. Its one thing for a doctor to use it as..."
- "I must say I have seen some complicated scams before but this one ranks right up there. Do not do any work with this so called media group called Zillion..."
- "It always interesting how all the review sites show either unhappy customers or happy customers. Come on people, when you process thousands of orders, not all transactions will go..."
- "Ordered 16 pink rosebuds for niece's 16th birthday. What arrived was 8 pink and 8 white fully bloomed out roses. They requested pictures which I sent them 3..."
- "Time after time. I go in to eat at the restaurant. A nice sit down meal, relax and enjoy dinner. 4x in 6 weeks I get a dinner before I..."